Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why?

Today was the first 'short sleeved' day we have had in awhile. It felt nice but it was too windy (we're tough to please). I took Zola out for awhile while I worked on a project. When I looked up to check on her I noticed she had found something to play with. I was alarmed because I could tell it was something that was once alive. At first glance from across the yard I thought it was a mouse but it ended up being a bird wing! YUCK! To make matters worse I couldn't get her to drop it (this is why it is bad to spoil dogs). I held her by the neck as I tried to grasp the end of the wing under my foot. After what seemed an eternity I finally got her to drop it, then I had to find something to pick it up with. This was a horrifying experience. I hope she doesn't get some weird disease, I guess dogs are pretty resilient to those type of things. Needless to say, she won't be kissing me anytime soon! Ewe! I will never understand why dogs love stinky dead things....

No comments: