Thursday, August 14, 2008

Parasites

Unfortunately, earlier this week I found a flea crawling on Zola. She has been itching a bit, and after checking several times for the dreaded parasites I began to think it was merely allergies. Immediately after the discovery I proceeded to give her a bath and I haven't seen one since but she still seems to be itching. I have been researching various preventatives and decided against the common brands such as Sentry and Sargent's and have been considering using Garlic/Brewer's yeast combo and Diatomaceous Earth on my lawn and possibly inside (although I have read many people are skeptical about putting it on dogs or in living areas). Oh the things we endure for the love of our pets!
Here is a link I found helpful:http://www.vitalitymagazine.com/node/384

On a lighter note, one of our favorite pass times is watching the tube. We relax for hours between neighborhood strolls and playing tag in the backyard. Our mascot has become the Michelin dog, even beyond reality dogs play an important role in loyalty and companionship. (I bet the Michelin dog deters fleas)

No comments: