Thursday, August 7, 2008

Beginnings

This blog is a tribute to Zola Von Z. Zola, a chocolate and tan piebald, mini dachshund was born September 29, 2007. She will be a year old before we know it. I was inspired to start this blog after reading Marley and Me by John Grogan. The book was a turning point in my life. Even though the themes were a bit cliche I realized that a dog is not only a companion who provides unconditional love and loyalty unlike anything found between human beings, they also remind us of our mortality and the short time we have here. After reading Grogan's book I realized that not only should I try to spend as much time as possible with my little mut but also those around me.

That being said, this blog will help me make light of the things that upset me and remind me that they are only trivial. I would also like to document my personal relationship with my pooch so I can look back on it and remember our precious time to together.

No comments: