Monday, November 23, 2009

Itchin for Attention

Lately I have been a busy lady. Poor Zola has watched from the wings, or the window seal rather. Since she's my constant companion I feel I owe her. I've designated Sundays 'Zola Day.' Most people give it to god, similarly, I give mine to dog. The past couple Sundays we've headed out to my folks house. Zola loves it out there. A fenced in acre to peruse. Doesn't get much better than that for a nosy nose. She can spend hours outside. Mom gave her a toy and she lugged it all around the yard while I chased her. It's almost as big as her. When she looks at me with those eyes it just break my heart. I have to chase her even if I am wearing clogs. After all, we have to make compromises for our loved ones.

I know she loves visiting the country because every time we load up the car to head home we have to chase her around and carry her to the car. She would love to stay. She also adore my parents. They are typical grandparents, spoiling her with able scraps and belly rubs. It's a new and lovely ritual for my little soul-mate!

No comments: